De : Mike Morton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : mardi 5 juin 2007 23:26
À : mysql@lists.mysql.com
Objet : Sorting by a list of possible results in a column....

I am sure that this has been asked - but in searching through google and
lists for about an hour - hopefully someone will indulge me a repeat
question here.

I have a query that selects a list of results, ordering them by the status
field.  However, I want to further sort that by the type of status, that is:

Undefined
Ready for Review
Top Priority
Priority
Completed
Etc...

Every sort that I try, of course, sorts alphabetically.  Is there a way to
define how the sort function works in the order by?

I know that I could do this in PHP after populating the results into an
array, but that is (in my opinion) an unnecessary step that could be handled
at the database query....

Thanks!

Sample query:
Select * from development order by status

--
Cheers

Mike Morton

*