hi all...

from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/features.html:

"Handles large databases. We use MySQL Server with databases that contain
50 million records. We also know of users who use MySQL Server with 60,000
tables and about 5,000,000,000 rows."

that's cool but i assume this is distributed over a few machines...

we have a new client that needs a table with 99 000 000 rows, 2 -3 columns.
i was just wondering if i have a two dual core 2 processors in a machine
with 4 gigs of ram - is that enough to host and serve queries from a table
of this size?
a few tables on the same machine?
more than one machine?
what are the query times like?

can somebody please share some/any experience s/he has/had with managing
databases/tables with that amount of records. i'd really appreciate it...

thanks a lot....