Hi all,

I have recently upgraded my MySQL server to the latest version, 3.23.38 and,
whether this is related or just a coincidence, a lot of heavily-used tables
(mainly INSERT queries and a few SELECT queries via a containing MERGE
table) in one of my databases have had their indexes corrupted.

>From what I can figure out, according to the indexes, MySQL is thinking the
tables all have less rows than they actually contain, so the auto-increment
values aren't working properly and I get error messages telling me records
can't be inserted because of duplicate keys!

When I do a CHECK TABLE on a table suffering from errors, I get results like
the following (edited for brevity):

> <X> clients is using or hasn't closed the table properly
> Size of datafile is: 33197896       Should be: 33197612
> Found 116894 keys of 116893
> Corrupt

where '<X>' is generally a number between 0 and 3. And when I do REPAIR
TABLE, I get the following (again, edited) output:

> Number of rows changed from 116893 to 116894
> OK

Can anyone offer any possible explanations for what has caused this
corruption?

I dearly hope it is not because of the upgrade to 3.23.38, as I need to use
this version to correct a bug with MERGE tables! I attach the output from a
CHECK TABLE command I ran on all the tables in this database that might be
affected. I've also repaired all the tables I've spotted are corrupt so far,
but I fear this may be a recurring problem.

Any help or explanations are very gratefully accepted.

Regards,

Basil Hussain ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

corrupt_banner_indexes.txt

+----------------------+-------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------+
| Table                | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text
|             |
+----------------------+-------+----------+---------------------------------------------------------+
> [...]
|table properly  |
| banners.eventlog_91  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_92  | check | warning  | 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the
|table properly  |
| banners.eventlog_92  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_93  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_94  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_95  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_96  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_97  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_98  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_99  | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_100 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_101 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_102 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_103 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_104 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_105 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_106 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_107 | check | warning  | 2 clients is using or hasn't closed the
|table properly  |
| banners.eventlog_107 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_108 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_109 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_110 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_111 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_112 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_113 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_114 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_115 | check | status   | OK
|             |
| banners.eventlog_116 | check | warning  | 2 clients is using or hasn't closed the
|table properly  |
| banners.eventlog_116 | check | warning  | Size of datafile is: 664844       Should
|be: 663708     |
| banners.eventlog_116 | check | error    | Found 2341 keys of 2337
| banners.eventlog_116 | check | error    | Corrupt
| banners.eventlog_117 | check | status   | OK
| banners.eventlog_118 | check | status   | OK