From: Mogens Melander [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 3:45 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: database structure

On Mon, July 2, 2007 21:10, Hiep Nguyen wrote:
take your advice, i looked in to JOIN and i got the idea.  but i noticed
that in order to use JOIN, don't you need to have the same column name in
both tables?  i just don't see it in your example here.  is there
something that i'm missing?

Using the form:

select t1.field1 data1, t2.field1 data2, t3.fieldn data3
from table_a t1
left join table_b t2 on ( t1.id=t2.t1_ref )
left join table_n t3 on ( t2.id=t3.t2_ref );

You can join on allmost anything.

?? Can typecasts be used in this scenario ??

can u give a select example with JOIN on three tables above?