David, you've hit the nail on the head.

Dan

On 7/5/07, David T. Ashley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm an old Microsoft Access user, so I just need to double-check on this
with MySQL:

I want to relate two tables (let's call them "users" and "priveleges") in
many:many way.  That is, each user may have multiple priveleges, and each
privelege may have multiple users with that privelege.

Here are my questions:

a)I'm assuming that under MySQL I have to create a third table that maps
between them?  (Let's call it "users2priveleges".)

b)I'm assuming that there is nothing special I need to do to get, for
example, all the priveleges with a user (just the standard join stuff with
x=y and y=z or something like that)?

c)I'm assuming that from an optimization point of view, there is nothing I
can/should do beyond optimizing the links, i.e. making sure the related
fields are indexed?

Thanks.