Hi,

I am building a new system for the place i work and i was thinking about organizing my tables in several databases, like "management", "financial", "production_line" to make things more tidy. I will have tons of tables, so is it a usual procedure in organizing tables?

The other problem is about doing a join between tables that are on different databases, is that possible? For example:

        database: people
        table: users
        fields: id, name, email

        database: production
        table: machines
        fields: id, machine_job_num, id_user, etc

I want to do a select on table machines that gets the user names from the table users, which is on a different databse. How can i do it? Is it even remotely possible?

Sorry if the question is basic, but i searched the net all over the place and i couldnt get any answer to this.
        Thanks.