I was unable to get 3.51.17 to work with MS Access 2002. I installed it from
the msi bundle. The connector passes a test when creating or configuring a
System DSN, but when I try to link tables from MS Access I get an error
message:

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.1.22-standard]Access denied for user
'readonly'@'%' to database 'mysql' (#1044)

The same user with the same password has no trouble accessing the
appropriate database ('giiexpr_db') using the mysql CLI from the same
computer.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.