Greetings All:

It's been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to see if any of you have approached the following challenge. I have a Mac that runs iTunes a few hours a day, sometimes with Ampache feeding playlists, to it and I'd like to expose my recently listened to songs to a public web-site for a "see what Van's been listening to lately" module on the site.

I can cron this from a local linux replicating server that can access the xml playlist via samba from the imac. Disconnected network states are acceptable.

My application requires the expertise of itunes.xml to mysql db developers more than anyone else. I need the locally connected mysql server to be able to get the itunes.xml via samba to parse through this xml file and insert into a table on the linux mysql server, which I'll cron out updates to the publicly available mysql server, which will accept the db update and render via a php script this list (song, number plays, skip count, etc.) as an include for publication from other pages on this site.

Anyone started on such a thing?

If not, and anyone else interested, I'll post my final module, and implementation.

Thanks,
Van