Today I tried to set few user rights for a user. What I need is-
There a database called 'mydb' Two users for Mysql 5 on Win 2003 server. One
is root and second is 'systemuser'. 'systemuser' do not have right for
anything on Mysql, information_schema, but should have only SELECT, INSERT,
UPDATE and DELETE rights for 'mydb'.
I tried it for a long, but didn't. I have to give SELECT as global
privilege. Also I have to set INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE as global privilege.
But due to this 'systemuser' can change data in 'mysql' database and I do
not want this. If remove any of above from global privilege and set these to
only 'mydb' it doesn't work. 'systemuser' will be used to connect to mysql
as a default username for many software users. I need to give only SELECT,
INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE rights for only 'mydb' while connecting from any
location. What can I do? Please help.
Thanks,
CPK

--