Hi,

What does exactly happens when the AUTOINC lock is
happening ?

Why is it not a problem on our amd (quadcore) machine
with the data sitting on a raid10 partition, we have
never seen this problem before, its apparently
happening so fast that it doesn't matter.

With the intel machine (quadcore with hyperthreading
enabled) sitting on a DRBD partition (raid 10) the
process of getting a lock is slow. So slow, that it
cascades to this problem of rollbacks, etc...as show
in the previous email.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mariella