"Ian P. Christian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How do I create a mysql data dump from a slave to seed another slave?
> Using --master-data with mysqldump from my existing slave sets the
> master to the slave I was dumping, not the real master.

I started a discussion of the same thing a week or two ago on this
list, if you search the archives (or just google, I bet) you'll see
more detail.

The quick answer is you can't do it if the slave is in use and needs
to keep replicating.  You need to stop replicating, copy down the
slave's master info (you can see it in show slave status), run the
dump while replication is stopped, then start it again.

(Read the earlier thread if you want more detail)
  -- Cos