Hey all, I'm trying to help out a friend of mine who has a database
based on powerbase - which is a really old database, and he said that
the company has long since closed down.

I was trying to see if I there was any way to import the data from
there in to MySQL. He doesn't think there's any way to export the data
from powerbase to some simple text format.

It looks like the data for each table is separated in to 3 file types
".DAT, .KEY, .MAP". When I did a "file" on the dat files it says that
it's a "MEMOS.DAT: MySQL table definition file Version 1" and I was
hoping someone could help me put these files in to mysql. The other 2
just said they were "data".

Thanks, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.