On 8/1/07, Jerry Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Will SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS and SELECT FOUND_ROWS() do what you want?

Be careful.  While it will give the correct number of rows that would
have been found if LIMIT had not been used, it makes the server
compute the whole result set, disabling the shortcuts that LIMIT
normally allows.  I found that with my large queries it was faster to
do two separate queries (a COUNT for the number of rows and a LIMIT
for one page of results) than to use LIMIT and FOUND_ROWS().

- Perrin