Hello all,

I am trying to build mysql-5.0.41 under a cross compiling environment.
Below is the beginning of the configure:

-bash-2.05b$ ./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
--prefix=/view/mysql --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use
--host.

If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.

checking host system type... arm-none-linux-gnueabi

checking target system type... arm-none-linux-gnueabi

All outward appearances show that building from the source supports
cross compiling. But as it goes through the configure it abruptly ends.
In reviewing the script I found the following code:

if test "$cross_compiling" = yes; then

    { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error: cannot run test program while cross
compiling

    See \`config.log' for more details." >&5

    echo "$as_me: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling

    See \`config.log' for more details." >&2;}

    { (exit 1); exit 1; };

}

else

    cat >conftest.$ac_ext <<_ACEOF

By default the $cross_compiling flag gets sets to true if the --host
parameter is used. Reviewing this code leads me to believe that there is
no support for cross compiling, or I am missing something. There are 15
locations in the script with code similar to the above.