I'm replying to you both personally and to the MySQL++ mailing list, where this message is on topic. Please reply only on the list, not to me directly.

wangxu wrote:
below is my code;these code works very fine until, the length of the field "content" exceeds 300000,

How certain are you about this threshold? It seems a very odd number for a computer to care about. If you'd said 65536 bytes, or 16.7 MB, I'd put a lot more credence in your assertion.

               mysqlpp::Row r;
               while (r = res.fetch_row()) {
                       printf (r["content"]);
             }

I'm not sure it's the problem, but you really shouldn't use printf() for this. The main reason is that printf() will scan the resulting string for % signs and try to interpret them as formatting options. If it finds any, it will then try to find varargs, and fail; this would easily explain your segfault. The byte count does affect the chances that this will happen, so maybe that's where your perception that it's data size related comes from.

Other reasons not to use printf() with MySQL++ data types are inefficiency and type safety.

See examples/cgi_jpeg.cpp for the right way to emit bulk MySQL++ to stdout.