Craig

How do I pull out all the non-duplicate records?

With an exclusion join. To find non-duplicates with respect to one key...

SELECT keycandidate
FROM tbl t1
LEFT JOIN tbl t2 ON t1.keycandidate=t2.keycandidate
WHERE t2.keycandidate IS NULL;

To expand the comparison to multiple keys...

SELECT key1, key2, ...
FROM tbl t1
LEFT JOIN tbl t2 ON t1.key1=t2.key2 AND t1.key2=t2.key2 AND ...
WHERE t2.key1 IS NULL;

PB

Weston, Craig (OFT) wrote:
Hi there,
            I have a situation where I have duplicate data within
several tables, but they are all indexed in the same way.  How do I pull
out all the non-duplicate records?

Would I have to create a temporary table, add one data set, then add the
second where it doesn't equal the first, and then do the same with the
third? Or is there a cleaner way?

Thanks,

Craig
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.