That is MySQL, not PHP doing that to you.  You need to set your
SQL_MODE to strict to get that kind of behavior..  there are other
implications to this mode so you should review:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-sql-mode.html

 - michael

--
 - michael dykman
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.