Hi

I'm forwarding you the attached file MYSQL_3.23.38_FIXES.ZIP which contains files with some minor improvements
and fixes done by me, updated to MySQL version 3.23.38, and presenting the following:

- Directory \LIBMYSQL:

    - file ERRMSG.C: included section of code with client error messages translated also to Portuguese idiom
    (only German and English before), being controlled by the definition or not of keyword PORTUGUESE
    in files GLOBAL.H or MY_GLOBAL.H . The default idiom remains English, of course.

    - file LIBMYSQL.DEF: added exportation statements for functions mysql_change_user, mysql_character_set_name
     and mysql_real_escape_string, which were missing and so not present in LIBMYSQL.DLL. The list of exportations
      of MySQL functions was also ordered alphabetically in that file for easy visual localization.

- Directory \SHARE\PORTUGUESE:

    - files ERRMSG.TXT and ERRMSG.SYS: all translations of error messages to Portuguese idiom were revised,
      completed and/or improved and are tracking now exactly the current English version (several string length formats
      were old).

-------------------- Notes for correction of MySQL HELP FILES  v.3.23.38 --------------------

- The descriptions of use of MySQL API functions mysql_odbc_escape_string, mysql_refresh  and
  mysql_thread_safe (not mysql_thread_save, as referenced wrongly somewhere else in help file) are missing.

- The description of MySQL API function mysql_fetch_row presents the following prototype:
  MYSQL_ROW   mysql_fetch_row(MYSQL_RES *result), but the correct one is
  MYSQL_ROW * mysql_fetch_row(MYSQL_RES *result) (missing pointer indication in returned result)

- There is no indication in description of MySQL API function mysql_reload, that it is pertinent only to
  MySQL C API but that it doesn't exist in MySQL API provided by LIBMYSQL.DLL (but could be implemented by
  function mysql_refresh and the corresponding GRANT parameter).

I hope these fixes and observations can be of some value to improve even more the excellent MySQL Project.

Regards,

Roberto de Martin Serqueira