Eric Bergen wrote:
It's nothing to be concerned about because the source tar balls and
binaries are being mirrored at http://mirror.provenscaling.com/mysql/

-Eric

On 8/10/07, Daevid Vincent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is this anything to be concerned about?
We are Enterprise customers. We distribute mySQL on our appliance that
we sell.

It doesn't seem like we should worry, now. But I'm a little nervous
about the future?

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/09/2047231
<http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/09/2047231&from=rss>
&from=rss

 <http://www.linux.com/feature/118489>
http://www.linux.com/feature/118489

There is nothing to worry about for Daevid anyway, as he is an Enterprise customer - and hence will still have direct access to the tar balls from the source anyway, via enterprise.mysql.com..

We will not be removing these source tar balls completely, only from public access via our FTP. Enterprise customers still have (and will always have) access to the source tar balls, we have no plans of changing this at all.

In any case, distributing MySQL on an appliance that is being sold would require commercial binaries, not GPL binaries, as I understand.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Leith, Senior Support Engineer