You may want to consider tuning the 'his-priority' server instance by giving it
larger
  values for the following:

  temp_table_size
  query_cache_size
query_cache_limit

Ben Clewett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Sorry if this has been asked many times before...

I have 5 MySql systems running on a single server.

I want one to run with maximum priority, the other four to run with minimum.

Can this me archived using something as simple as 'nice':

# nice -10 mysqld --defaults-file=his_priorty
# nice 10 mysqld --defaults-file=low_priorty_1
# nice 10 mysqld --defaults-file=low_priorty_2
# nice 10 mysqld --defaults-file=low_priorty_3
# nice 10 mysqld --defaults-file=low_priorty_4

Or is there a better way that people use?

Thanks in advance...

Ben