Hi.  I've got IP addresses stored in the database as packed binaries.
i.e. binary(4).  I put them in there that way so that I could do bitwise
logic on them to do subnet searches.  e.g. ...WHERE `ip` & 'mask' =
'network'.  Only it turns out that as far as I can tell MySQL can't do
bit logic on strings, only integers.  I came up with an onerous SQL call
that eats the 4 bytes and makes an integer out of them but there's got
to be a better way.  The worst case is that I redo the database to have
all the IP's as integers.

Anybody know of a way to make MySQL either do the bit logic on the
string or convert/cast the string as an integer?  Thanks.

--
Chris Wagner
CBTS