[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

I've two LEFT OUTER JOINS in the WHERE section in an Oracle script like:

select ...
from...
where
and PT1.ID (+) = bl.PARENTTYPE_1
and PT2.ID (+) = bl.PARENTTYPE_2

MySQL knows LEFT OUTER JOINS in the FROM section but two joins with the same
table aren't accepted.

example:
select ...
from
tableA PT1 LEFT OUTER JOIN tableC bl ON (PT1.ID = bl.PARENTTYPE_1), tableB PT2 LEFT OUTER JOIN tableC bl ON (and PT2.ID = bl.PARENTTYPE_2),

The exact error message would be helpful, but I'm seeing at least two problems:

1) you're aliasing two tables as 'bl'.  The aliases need to be unique.
2) The second ON clause shouldn't start with AND.

Otherwise you should have no problem doing this.