Hello

How can I send a query that retrieves only the first 'N' rows that match a
condition? As far as I know you must call mysql_fetch_row() until the last
row has been processed or the resources allocated won't be free.

Am creating a program in PHP that should retrieve only 'N' records each time a
query is sent, so I I'm thinking on using mysql_free_result(), but, is it
safe to free the results even if there are more records remaining that match
the query conditions?

I need to know how secure could be to read only the first records and free the
resources, or if there is another way to do the same thing.

Thanks,
Miguel