Thank you for your replies. I attempted to restore again and most oddly, mysql complained that it couldn't restore to a particular table because it wasn't in the database, which, of course, it had to be because the restore itself had just recreated it. So I blew away the entire mysql directory on the disk, updated to 5.0.45, and then it did not complain when I restored that time. So far, it has not since.

Hi
This might be happening due to two reasons;
1 The system date might not be correct.
2. Some things wrong with log postion (Incorrect log position)

Regards,
Krishna Chandra Prajapati

The checksum errors might be due to various reasons. We had similar issue where we restored the database multiple times, replaced the ram sticks nothing helped. Finally we drilled down the issue to the chassis. Recommend testing the restore on a different machine to rule out any hardware issue.

--
Thanks
Alex