Manivannan -

In a word, no.  It's database software, not, um, cron.  :)

There are scheduled events in 5.1, but that is more of a trigger-like
functionality than what you need, which is a scheduled task to save your
data somewhere.  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/events.html

You could look at establishing a central backup server that would do nothing
but perform scheduled backups of your remote databases, thus simplifying
your backup management and using only a single platform to do the backups.

On Windows, you can use its built-in "Scheduled Tasks" function, which I
have found to work passably well in recent versions of Windows Server.
There are also other cron-like solutions out there - one I have used in the
past is nncron lite - http://www.nncron.ru/

HTH,
Dan