Hi Craig,

would you mind posting the SHOW CREATE TABLE for the tables in question? I'm having trouble determining what is the primary key for your service ticket table...

Thanks,

-Jay

Weston, Craig (OFT) wrote:
Hello again,

            I am having a duplication of results problem. I believe my
query (below) is giving me exactly what I deserve in writing it.

What it returns to me is a row for each status. What I would most want
would be a single row with the oldest status - IE the status datetime
that happened earliest.
What I am trying to do is determine when a service desk ticket first
enters any one of these three categories. I am not using distinct on
`thedata2`.`Source` as this does not effect the result set.

I have 2 tables.
One of the tables lists all the ticket information at time of the ticket
being closed. The other has an entry referenced by ticket number for
each time a ticket is touched or updated. So what I am trying to do is
identify the last time it was touched with the appropriate status
change.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do to eliminate the duplicate
with the oldest time? I am experimenting in the idea of a subquery but
can't think of anything else.

???

Thanks,

craig

SELECT

`thedata2`.`Source`,

`thedata1`.`Status`,

`thedata2`.`Priority`,

`thedata1`.`start_Time`,

`thedata1`.`Close_Time`,

`thedata1`.`workday`'cycletime'

FROM

`thedata2`

Inner Join `thedata1` ON `thedata1`.`Source` = `thedata2`.`SourceSR`

WHERE

(`thedata1`.`Status` like  'Resolved' OR

`thedata1`.`Status` like 'Restored' OR

`thedata1`.`Status` like 'Isolation')

and
`thedata2`.`Open_Time` BETWEEN  '2007-02-01 00:00' AND '2007-08-31
23:59:59'

And

((`thedata2`.`Priority` = 1 and `thedata1`.`workday` > 14400)

OR

(`thedata2`.`Priority` = 2 and `thedata1`.`workday` > 86400)

or

(`thedata2`.`Priority` = 2 and `thedata1`.`workday` > 172800))
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.