At 12:26 PM -0400 9/14/07, Martin Gainty wrote:
Morning All-

I connect to Mysql 4.0.13 using mysql_connect AND returned handle is not false

then I call access to mysql_select_db which always returns NULL and causes Exception

I also tried mysql_connect with supplied 4th param as DB with no joy

The DB name is uppercase..does this matter?

It appears that you are using PHP, but I don't think that's relevant here.

Case sensitivity is a bit complex - see

   http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

- but it's generally best to match case, for portability if nothing else. It could well be your problem if you are referring to the database 'FooBar' as 'FOOBAR' and MySQL is running on a *nix platform.

        steve

--
+--------------- my people are the people of the dessert, ---------------+
| Steve Edberg                                http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |