On 9/16/07, Krishna Chandra Prajapati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi  Baron,
>
> Still i am able to connect through the following command.
> mysql -h 192.168.1.10 -u test -p test
>
> although drop user can be used to drop the user but revoke command should
> work properly. I don't understand what is the issue.
>

>From the manual: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/revoke.html
REVOKE removes privileges, but does not drop user table entries. You must do
that explicitly using DELETE or DROP USER (see Section 12.5.1.2, "DROP
USERSyntax"<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/drop-user.html>
).
Revoking all of a user's permissions takes everything but 'usage', which
still allows them to connect to the database, though they can't do anything
once they connect.
--
Check out the Dallas Music Wiki http://www.digitaldarkness.com