I guess I will watch it closely for now and if it trips up again failover to the drbd peer and see what happens there. I suppose I could even deattach the local disks and have it run using the peer over the wire. That should eliminate the local I/O subsystem.

It's kind of scary there is no end-to-end parity implemented somewhere along the whole data path to prevent this. It sort of defeats the point of RAID 6 and ECC.

I agree, it's pretty damn scary. You can read about the story and the ensuing discussion here:

I wonder if drbd could help out with that.

Interesting. I hadn't heard of such a thing until I just looked it up. But in any case that adds yet another variable (and a fairly uncommon one) to the mix.

It's this one: http://www.acnc.com/02_01_jetstor_sata_416s.html. I thought units like it are very popular.
--

Maurice Volaski, [EMAIL PROTECTED]