OK, scratch that, I was being stupid. I had two ODBC configuration dialogs open and they must have been conflicting.

Another question though, during the ODBC config, I noticed I could pick either the caddb for which the account had access or "information_schema" for which I had not explicitly granted any privileges. Is that just the required default assignment of some kind?

Regards,
Rob

""Robby Tanner"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I want to add a user who can login from anywhere but has restricted privileges on a single DB.

I tried:

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE ONcaddb.* TO 'autocad'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

The query ran and the user was entered with the proper privileges, however, when I tried to setup an ODBC connection using that account, I got an SQL_ERROR.

Then I ran:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* to 'autocad'@'%';

and I could connect via ODBC. That seems to me as if I've given what should be a restricted user waaaay too much access. How can I apply the restrictions that I want while still being able to have the user connect? Does the account need some global privilege to allow it to connect?

Cheers,
Rob