[take 2]
Nobody has any comments ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:19:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: Philip M. Gollucci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Crystal Reports XI on W2k3 Server SP2 x64

Hi All,

I'm trying to get Crystal Reports to connect to a MySQL server.

Windows 2003 Server R2 x64
  Crystal Reports XI Professional
    Disabled DEP for crw32.exe
  mysql-connector-odbc-noinstall-3.51.20-winx64.zip

FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p7 x64
  mysql-client-5.0.45
  mysql-scripts-5.0.45
  mysql-server-5.0.45

GRANT SELECT ON db.* TO 'user'@'apps.domain.tld' identified by 'x';
(note, this is not an authentication problem)

1) I created a SystemDSN via the ODBC Panel and it tests okay -- Crystal
        Reports can't see it -- this is a seperate PR I need to file with
        them.
2) I created a UserDSN which Crystal Reports can see BUT

IM002:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I've also tried the full odbc connect string only to get the same error message.

I filed the following PR with Business Objects (owns Crysal Reports)
http://support.businessobjects.com/case_management/viewcase.asp?caseid=302861271&;

The long and the short is they want me to use 3.51.11!!!!!

The big question, how do I get this version which is so old its no longer distributed.

From googling, I have a hunch they are right but I can't fathom why.

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 323.219.4708
Senior System Admin - Riderway, Inc. http://riderway.com
1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.