Ratheesh K J schrieb:
Hello all,

What is the best possible values in my.cnf for a 8 processor (Quad core-2 cpu)
8 GB RAM machine dedicated for MySQL server only. No other application will run
on this machine.

the innodb_buffer_pool_size cannot accept values above 2000 MB due to 32 bit
machine constraint. So what other parameters can be tweaked to make use of this
powerful server to its best?

NOTE: All our tables are of INNODB storage engine.

You simply cannot make use of your server's power on a 32bit OS.
Since it is a dedicated server anyway, install a 64bit OS (I prefer debian linux, but install whatever 64bit linux you know best) and set the buffer pool to around 6.5GB. All other variables depend on you usage, so are you running a web application with lots of small queries or is it only very few connections running big queries? what is the size of your DB? You'll need to provide more information to get help here.

Jan