Have a look at my, with an update way overdue but allthesame, myProcDbg project at sourceforge. I think this might do what you are looking for.

/Karlsson
sol beach wrote:
Oracle provides a stored procedure called DBMS_OUTPUT which primarily is
used to write/print/display text string to StandardOut (a.k.a. the
terminal).
In V5 MYSQL is there a functional equivalent? If so, what is it called.
I am willing to RTFM if somebody provides me a clue as to which manual
contains the answer to my question.
I have Guy Harrison's "MYSQL Stored Procedures" but could not find what I'm
looking for in it.
Since I am not sure if what I want exists or what it may be called, I just
may be looking in the wrong places for the answer.

TIA!

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /  Anders Karlsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])