Is it possible, in single-line inserts, with on duplicate key clauses, to
get back a list of last insert id's for what was inserted?

I get strange results, just one single insert id, which makes sense from the
perspective of what was just inserted, however, I need to know what the
returned insert id is for each of an arbitrary amount of single-line
inserts.

Defining what I am calling single line insets, I mean:
INSERT INTO foo (a, b, c) VALUES ('x', 'y', 'x'), ('x', 'y', 'x'), ('x',
'y', 'x'), etc etc