I wouldn't be surprised if this feature is broken in 3.23. You said you installed it yourself. Can you possibly upgrade to 4.1 instead?

thomas Armstrong wrote:
It looks like mySQL is taking ok the "long_query_time" value by using
--------
set-variable=long_query_time=5
--------

If I display mySQL parameters:
------
long_query_time       current value: 10
------

However, there are tons of lines like this one:
------
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]: root[root] @ localhost []
# Query_time: 0  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 1  Rows_examined: 20
--------

This is not a slow query, is it?