Right click in query editor window, select "Properties" from popup menu,
Select "Quick Code" in Editor options tree.
On the right side of the dialog window in "Automatic features" group
deselect "Code completion" and/or "Code Parameters" checkboxes.

Thanks so much for the reply. I usually right-click on everything before I post a message, but there were so many things in that menu, I missed the properties option. However, I just went in there and checked, and Code completion was already unchecked. Code parameters WAS checked, and I unchecked it. I then started typing a query "select * from i..." and was interrupted with a table pick pop-up box. Interestingly enough, after trying it again, that box didn't pop-up. I then continued my query "...where transferdate=", and was interrupted by a pop-up function pick box. Again, interestingly enough, when I tried this again, it didn't do that. In fact, I can't get it to do it again. Maybe it's turned off. We'll see. If not, maybe I'll try the ticket system if it's working now.

Thanks for your help.

Jesse