Hi,

Jesse wrote:
I'm attempting to restore a couple of backups, and part way through, I get the error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS alumni' at line 1

Query is: DROP TRIGGER IF EXISTS `alumni`;

Seems perfectly valid to me. If I remove the "IF EXISTS" part, then I get the error, "trigger doesn't exist". What's going on? This usually works fine.

I'm running version 5.0.45-community-nt
Are you sure that's the exact query and error message? The query has a backtick; the error message has none, which is unusual for a purely syntactic error. It makes me suspicious that the error is coming from something else: maybe a subtly mangled file.