At 01:24 PM 10/10/2007, Baron Schwartz wrote:
Hi,

Tiago Cruz wrote:
Hello guys,
I have one monster database running on MySQL 4.0.17, using InnoDB:
270GB Oct 10 14:35 ibdata1

I've deleted a lot of register of then, and I've expected that the size
can be decreased if 50% (135 GB) but the ibdata was the same value than
before "clean"...
How can I force to save this space?

You must dump your data to files,

Why not change the table type to MyISAM instead of dumping to a file?

shut down MySQL, delete your current InnoDB tablespace and log files, reconfigure the server, restart MySQL and let InnoDB create new (empty) files. Then reload the data.

Then change the table type back to InnoDb.

You should probably save your current data and tablespace files until you are sure you complete this successfully.

Agreed.

It's an annoying procedure but there is no other way.

Yes it is a pain. As I understand it, most people would prefer root canal to this. :)

Mike