Caleb Racey wrote:
Does anyone know how to get the load data infile command to load utf8 data?

I have setup a database as utf8 with a collation of utf8_general_ci,   the
mysqld server is started with --character-set-server=utf8. Server variables
say character_set_database = utf8. I use the sql below

LOAD DATA INFILE 'filename' REPLACE INTO TABLE db.table CHARACTER SET utf8
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'

Yet when i try to load a file with an accented value in it e.g. "Agustín"
the value gets truncated to "Agust"

If you haven't already, issue this first:

SET CHARACTER SET utf8;
SET NAMES utf8;
LOAD DATA INFILE ...