Hi,

bruce wrote:
Hi...

I have a situation where I'm looking at multiple child servers, each of
which has it's own mysql/DB/Tbls... I want to be able to have all the
information that exists in these tbls, to be captured, and copied to a
single parent TBL on a separate machine.

So, I'm trying to figure out what's the best way/approach of implementing
this.

I've been looking at the mysql slave/master replication process, but I'm not
sure if this will work, as it appears that you can only have a single slave,
for a given master. In my situation, I'm going to have multiple masters. If
I were going to implement a master/slave replication process, how could the
different masters, be written to a single mysql instance that operates as
the slave for all the masters. This seems to violate what I've been reading.

Here's my basic scenario:

   Child Srvr1 >>>
   Child Srvr2 >>>
     .         >>>
     .             >>>>>>     Parent Server
   Child SrvrN >>>

Each Child has it's own mysql app, with it's own mysql DB/Tbls...

How can I capture/store all the child information and store it in a central
(slave) server...

Is there a way of making a single slave server accommodate multiple

You are correct that a slave can have only one master. The only possible workaround I can think of is to write a process that connects to each master in turn. I have been tossing around this idea as a tool for MySQL toolkit for a while. I think Peter Zaitsev et al at Percona also have a similar tool, which you might contact them about. Or you could roll your own.

Other options include terrible icky hacks like Federated tables :-)

Baron