Question:
My question is does anyone know of a full blown
implementation (client(s) and database design) using MySQL
for running an ISO 9000 medical device manufacturing type
company?  I have seen such an animal using Filemaker and it
looked like a disaster waiting to happen... again...

I have looked around (though not extensively) and I haven't
been able to pick up the trail or even the general
specifications of this animal.  (I am purchasing some ISO
9000 documents just don't have them yet...)

Background:
The simple answer is of course is to pay a database designer
or company to come in and do the design and construction but
we are a small startup company on the edge of extinction.
Meanwhile, I have been teaching myself (from scratch) MySQL,
relational database design and building my own simple client
interfaces.  The design goals were simple at first.  Simple
inventory control, purchasing, part suppliers and
documentation that sort of thing.  Problem is... I am not a
'real' programmer.  I am a research physicist.  Shortly my
company is (hopefully) going to start a full fledge
manufacturing enterprise and they're looking to me to
produce some kind of massively complete fully functional ISO
9000 (or whatever) company wide system.  I isn't going to
happen, not by me at least... I just got finished reading an
overview of ISO 9000 stuff :(

Tim