Hi...

I'm trying to get me head around a possible situation involving
locks/triggers.

Suppose I have two tables:
 FooTBL
 CatTBL

in FooTBL, I have a trigger that operates such that whenever a new row is
added to FooTBL, it's immeadiately copied to CatTBL.

I'm trying to understand what happens if I do an operation with CatTBL,
while FooTBL is trying to write to CatTBL because of the trigger. If CatTBL
is in use, does the trigger on FooTBL not get implemented? How does locking
CatTBL play a role in this?

My basic need is to reliably be able to ensure that everytime a row is added
to FooTBL, that it gets copied to CatTBL. At the same time, if I'm doing
some query to CatTBL (read/write/delete/update/etc...) that I don't cause an
issue with FooTBL or it's trigger(s).

Thanks...