I have something to throw out. I just got done importing 140 million rows from a myisam table to a innodb table. While it worked I had a thought about 3/4ths of the way through. What if the transaction had been canceled about 130 million rows in? It would have taken weeks to roll back.

The only way I know of to stop a rollback like that is to bring out the sledgehammer and kill the mysql processes and then rip out the entire database and re-import. Faster than the rollback granted - but not very elegant. Not something you want to do on a production server either (the only time I had this happen it was in a test environment so there were no consequences to my subsequent actions :)

Any better way to do this?

Thanks,

Keith