Hi,

I found one thread on this that included some people's opinions, but I haven't been able to find anyone who has actually done some performance testing to see if there is a cost and what that cost is to doing cross database joins. I do tend to want to keep everything in one DB, but it gets hard when you have databases that do cross over at times, but rarely. Of course I am being somewhat lazy in doing this post, but only because I think someone here *must* have already done some testing between cross db joins and inside db joins. Another point of interest is if DBI actually opens another connection or not. I saw one mention of a worry about that, but as I understand it, you can refer to any table in any database from any mysql connection that has permission to access that DB and table, so you should be able to access any DB from any initial connection.

Thanks,

Eric