The easiest way to get mysql working on os x is with a fink build. The version is a little behind 5.0.38, but I can't imagine there would be any problems with a source build from the latest. Maybe you could give it a go, and report any problems, then I'll happily help out.

Simon Elliston Ball
[EMAIL PROTECTED]