Anders,

>I also want to find out the user's position relative to others depending on the result.

For a given pUserID, something like this?

SELECT userid,result,rank
FROM (
 SELECT o1.userid,o1.result,COUNT(o2.result) AS rank
 FROM object o1
JOIN object o2 ON o1.result < o2.result OR (o1.result=o2.result AND o1.userid=o2.userid)
 GROUP BY o1.userid,o1.result
)
WHERE userid = pUserID;

PB

-----

Anders Norrbring wrote:
I'm looking at a situation I haven't run into before, and I'm a bit puzzled by it.

I have this table structure:

Table USERS: userid, class
Table OBJECT: userid, class, result

Now I want to query the database for a certain user's result in a specified class, which is very, very easy. No problems.

But, I also want to find out the user's position relative to others depending on the result.

So, if the specified user's result is the 9:th best of all of the users, I want to have a reply from the DB query that say he has position number 9.

I really can't figure out how to do that... Somehow I have to make MySQL calculate the position based on the value in the result column.