Hi,

I am trying to import a big database of around 140 tables from xls to mysql. It works fine using navicat mysql, but i am running into a problem:

Navicat tries to predict the field types, but makes a mistake on long text fields whose type needs to be "text", instead it makes them varchar(255), which is not enough for the content.

I can solve the issue if i manually choose all field types to be "text", but since mysql has the alter table command to change field type, i was wondering if there is a way to change all fields from all tables to "text" automatically. This way i could import the table structure first, change all fields to type "text" and import tha data afterwards (the import is for an intermediary process, so no worries on all fields being "text" at this point).

        Something like:

        ALTER TABLE * CHANGE * * TEXT

        But obviously this doesnt work.

Is this even possible using MYSQL? I could do it programmatically using PHP, i guess, but a single command would be far better. :-)

        Miguel Vaz