hello,

i'm searching for some information about how many system memory mysql
uses in relation to the open connections.

in the last weeks we often had the problem of "too many connections",
but before raising the configuration value, we would like to calculate a
maximum amount of used memory.
the system has 1GB ram, and according to statistics most of it is
already in use. current value of max_connections for MySQL is 160.

are there any algorithms to calculate the average/maximum memory usage?

thanks in advance,
 jonas

PS: i'm not subscribed to the list, please Cc me in your replies