Hi,

Take backup of the existing data before upgrading for safety. There is RHEL 4
specific  rpm binary is existing in the downloading section. After installing
run the required tools comes with mysql.

Before upgrading with existing datas read the documentation carefully.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/installing.html

Saravanan