i have this State when I start a slave: Has read all relay log; waiting for
the slave I/O thread to update it

mysql> show processlist;
+----+-------------+-----------+-------+---------+------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------+
| Id | User        | Host      | db    | Command | Time |
State                                                                 |
Info             |
+----+-------------+-----------+-------+---------+------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------+------------------+
| 17 | root        | localhost | **** | Query   |    0 |
NULL                                                                  | show
processlist |
| 23 | system user |           | NULL  | Connect |    2057 | Has read all
relay log; waiting for the slave I/O thread to update it | NULL

2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

it was started with a mysqldump and is now many hours behind the master
it seems from what i've researched that its now off on the start points and
so it won't ever get through it
can i  LOAD DATA FROM MASTER; to have it clean up, or is there a method or
something i'm missing
thanks!
paul